Wisconsin Student Government (WSG) is comprised of representatives for the 16 technical college districts in the State of Wisconsin.
WSG is organized as a 501(c)(6) organization under tax codes of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. WSG is a nonpartisan organization.
The mission of WSG is to represent, promote, advocate and protect the interests of the technical colleges and their students in the 16 districts comprising the State of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS).
- to establish positive relationships with state legislators in support of the needs and interests of WTCS students and colleges
- to communicate relevant information to legislators at the state level
- to garner support for the Wisconsin Technical College System
The vision of WSG is to:
- create and maintain an active network between the students of the technical colleges in the 16 WTCS districts
- share ideas for growth and development between the schools
- develop leadership and team-building skills among the members of WSG
- provide knowledge and techniques members can transfer to the students at their schools
- provide skills to act as a force of change for the better, at school and in the community
Benefits of Membership
There are many obvious benefits in an organization that has a membership of working individuals, individual campuses, and districts. Some of these benefits which your districts/campuses can realize include:
- Receiving crucial information on legislation and proposals dealing with education in the technical college system.
- Establishing lines of communication and a working rapport with educational, government, and political leaders.
- Participating in and positively affecting the legislative process as it pertains to the technical college system.
- Working together on worthwhile projects that can benefit education, both now and in the future
- Networking and developing camaraderie among members and student governments amongst the 16 technical colleges